I sell on Zazzle and Etsy

Custom T-Shirts

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gift for Susan and Mark

My sister in law has been after me for quite a few years, hinting here and there that she would like a painting of mine.  Well I surprised her the other Sunday and gave her a 4'x6' painting.  She said she had always admired the painting I gave Bill and Dawn - John's brother and wife- of a street in Key West and my painting of Key West Lighthouse, so I combined the 2 essentially and painted one of Whitehead Street, Key West with the lighthouse in the background. ( FYI: Key West Lighthouse and Ernest Hemingways house is on Whitehead St)  She loves it.  Thank god, because I get nervous doing paintings as gifts, I always think, what would I do if they say, 'Oh thats nice."  I would be so upset if someone didnt like my painting I did for them. It was a great moment. I do love what I do.

Whitehead Street, Key West.  4'x6' Acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment