I sell on Zazzle and Etsy

Custom T-Shirts

Monday, March 12, 2012

Spinach, Bean Potato Soup

I am a lazy cook, but as my sweet mother in law tells everyone -" Its not that Linda can't cook, its that she doesn't like to cook."  She loves me! :)
I am constantly trying new recipe ideas and I come up with some tasty ones. I love one pot meals and I mix and match ingredients til it works - Im glad my husband likes soup!!!  This one was pretty good.  I thought I'd share it with you. Enjoy.

You can use any canned bean that you like, I just happened to have these on hand.

Spinach, Bean, Potato Soup

Ingredients:

5lb Potatoes- peeled and cut into pieces
2 bags Spinach
1 can Black Bean with juice
1 can Northern Bean with juice
1/2 cup marg
1/2 cup of half and half
1/2 milk
garlic powder
salt to taste
1 tbsp  pepper

Boil  potatoes 20-25 mins in large pot. use enough water to cover potatoes 2 inches or so.

Drain approx 1/2 the liquid off. You can throw it away you will not be using it.

Fold  the rest of the ingredients into the pot of boiled potatoes gently. you can break up the potatoes if they are still too big or leave them if you want a more chunky soup.

Let simmer for 1 hour.

Serve.

add extra salt and pepper to taste.

this makes approx 12 - 1 cup servings.  approx 365 calories per cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment