I sell on Zazzle and Etsy

Custom T-Shirts

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Portraits

 Portraits in Color.
My favorite artworks to create are portraits.


"Chloe" 18"x24" Acylic on canvas

Here is a portrait of my Cocker Spanial, Chloe painted with acrylic on canvas.
She is not with us anymore. This portrait is a unique memory of her that I will always cherish.
     

"Curiosity"  18"x24" Acrylic on canvas

My daughter and granddaughter enjoying their backyard on a sunny day.
 Capturing a moment in time will always be cherished

"Max" 16"x20" Watercolor on Hot press paper

Max is a German Shepard who passed away just before this portrait was completed.
 He was a beautiful tender hearted companion.


"Jazmine Sleeping' 18"x36" Acrylic on canvas

Our granddaughter resting after a big Thanskgiving dinner.
She looked so peaceful  I knew I had to put it down on canvas.
  


"Yacht on Intercoastal" 10"x14" watercolor on hot press paper

Living near the water I always get asked if I can create a portrait of  a boat.
 Usually I get a photo or see the boat tied up at the dock, but this time I got to
 see it underway.  It was wonderful to see the boat on the water.
 

"Goldie" 18"x24" watercolor on hot press paper.

Goldie is Chloe's sister. they were from the same litter. But their personalities
could not have been any different. Goldie hated to go outside and get her feet wet.
Chloe loved it!  Goldie was a girly girly dog, Chloe was a tomboy! Amazing !


"John Relaxing" 24"x30" Acrylic on canvas

This is the 1st portrait I have done of my husband.  Every stroke went perfectly.
Not many paintings happen that way, so I was loving it. It captures him in a
quiet moment while sitting on the dock by our house.
He never sits still, so this was a joy to do.



"Antigua" 18"x36" Acrylic on canvas

Went on a cruise in the Carribbean. Had such a blast. Love cruising.
  I took many photos along the way because I knew I would have to create at least a
half a dozen paintings from my trip. This is a shot of the island of Antigua as the ship was coming
into port.  The water was so clear I wanted to capture the feel of looking through it to the depths below.

"First Landing" 12"x30" Acrylic on canvas

Flying has always been a dream of my husbands. When we were younger we both
took a flight in a glider. Now, 30 years later, he has his pilots licence in both sailplanes
and small power planes.  Never say never, you never know! 
This is a commerative portrait of his first landing as a student in the glider.  

"Paradox" 18"x24" watercolor on hot press paper

Custom Portrait of a house that was given to the new homeowner
 as a house warming gift. It was wonderful to be a part of creating
a special moment for someone.

"Rent Me!" 30"x30" Acrylic on canvas

Our friends were at an outdoor event and, as they are older now, they found
 that they cannot walk all day without aid.  They found these electric chairs to be a great
way to get  around, I found them hysterical!!













 














 










  

 






































No comments:

Post a Comment